Research Center for Navy
On October 18th, 1966, by order no. CL 00/1080 of the Armed Forces Minister the Navy Scientific Research Center is established under the direct command of the Navy HQ.
In 1998, the Research Center of the Navy has been integrated in METRA (Military Equipment and Technology Research Agency), under the command of the Amaments Department. In 2001 it has been given the current name: Naval Research Center.
In 2001 the institution is given its current name: „Centrul de Cercetare Ştiinţifică pentru Forţele Navale„ (Research Center for Navy).